Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1-1/3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 medium unpeeled apples, cut into wedges
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons apple cider or juice, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Minced fresh parsley
- Sprinkle chicken with lemon-pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the broth, apples, onion, 3 tablespoons cider, cinnamon and nutmeg. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and remaining cider until smooth; stir into apple mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Top with chicken; sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 186 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 194mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Sep 18, 2012
My family loves this meal. It is a quick and yummy meal for autumn evenings or cold winter nights.
Feb 7, 2012
Simple and tasty, but not for the traditional (meaning my kids don't like it). Served with sweet potatoes, this is a great healthy dish that feels like you're indulging.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.