French Salad Dressing Mix
Darlene also shares the recipe for her tangy homemade salad dressing. "It's more economical than store-bought, and we prefer the taste," she notes. "The dressing keeps well in the fridge."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
Makesabout 1 cup dressing per batch
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Combine the first eight ingredients in a resealable plastic bag. Store in a cool, dry place. Yield: 3 batches (6 tablespoons total).
- To prepare dressing: Combine 2 tablespoons dressing mix, oil, vinegar and water in a jar with tight-fitting lid; shake well. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 93 calories, 10g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 73mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as French Salad Dressing Mix in Quick Cooking March/April 1998