- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 cup finely shredded lettuce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- Dash pepper
- Cook peas according to package directions. Meanwhile, in another saucepan, cook onions and lettuce in oil over low heat for 5 minutes. Combine flour with water until smooth. Stir into onion mixture: cook and stir until thickened.
- Drain peas and add to onion mixture along with the water chestnuts and pepper; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forFrench Peas with Water Chestnuts
"I loved the contrast of the water chesnuts with the peas. I did not add the lettuce, but it was great without it."