VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 cup finely shredded lettuce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- Dash pepper
- Cook peas according to package directions. Meanwhile, in another saucepan, cook onions and lettuce in oil over low heat for 5 minutes. Combine flour with water until smooth. Stir into onion mixture: cook and stir until thickened.
- Drain peas and add to onion mixture along with the water chestnuts and pepper; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as French Peas in Country April/May 1990, p49
Reviews forFrench Peas with Water Chestnuts
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 25, 2012
"I loved the contrast of the water chesnuts with the peas. I did not add the lettuce, but it was great without it."