- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Divide the bread dough into 20 portions; shape each into a ball. In a shallow bowl, combine cheese and soup mix. Place butter in another shallow bowl.
- Roll each ball in butter, then in the cheese mixture. Arrange in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from dish to wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 20 rolls.
Reviews forFrench Onion Pan Rolls
"have made them for company twice now and everyone loves them"
"We absolutly love this receipe. The only change I make is, instead of using the frozen bread dough, I use the frozen bread rolls. This saves from have to thaw out the bread first and I get equal size rolls. I put the frozen rolls in the butter and dry mixture like normal then let it go for about 3 - 4 hours until it is doubled. baking time is a little less but it is still really good."