- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained and diced
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices
- In a large bowl, combine the mushrooms, onions, Worcestershire sauce and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-9 minutes on each side or a until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forFrench Onion Burgers
"These are very flavorful and the mushrooms really keep the meat juicy."
"We made these yesterday and it was a great change to a grilled burger. This would be awesome with a slice of Swiss."
"made these burgers for a family get together and people raved about them, great way to spruce up just a reg hambergur. We ended up making all our hambergurs this way from now on,."
"A family favorite."