French Green Beans
Frozen green beans get tasty herb flavor from rosemary and basil while toasted almonds add crunch.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen French-style green beans
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Toasted slivered almonds
- Cook green beans according to package directions; drain. Add mushrooms and keep warm. Combine the butter, rosemary and basil; drizzle over bean mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with almonds.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 205 calories, 17g fat (11g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 450mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as French Green Beans in Quick Cooking May/June 1999