French Dressing with Tomatoes Recipe
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 to 3 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Lettuce leaves
- 1. In a large jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first nine ingredients; shake well. In a bowl, place tomatoes and enough dressing to cover. Let stand at room temperature for several hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining dressing.
- 2. With a slotted spoon, place tomatoes on lettuce leaves; drizzle with reserved dressing. Yield: 3 cups.
If Cooking for Two: Prepare dressing and store in the refrigerator to use in small portions for several weeks.
2 tablespoons: 107 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.