Every time I make this recipe that I received from my mother-in-law, it takes me back to the country. I can see myself in the garden among all of those fresh tomatoes. How good they are, plucked right off the vine.
Recommended: 30 Fresh Tomato Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 to 3 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Tomato wedges
- Lettuce leaves
- In a blender, combine the first nine ingredients; cover and process until blended. Place tomato wedges in a bowl; add enough dressing to cover. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour. Pour remaining dressing into a jar; cover and refrigerate for another use.
- To serve, use a slotted spoon to place tomato wedges on lettuce leaves; drizzle with dressing left in bowl. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as French Dressing with Tomatoes in Reminisce July/August 1992, p37