I came up with this idea when we had a dab of leftover French dip. So much fun and a nice twist to leftovers. These are also good with a little hot sauce on the side! —Kelly Williams, Forked River, New Jersey
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (about 3 pounds)
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 cans (10-1/2 ounces each) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 16 mini flour tortillas, warmed
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, provolone cheese strips, sliced pepperoncini and sour cream
- Place roast in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker; sprinkle evenly with soup and dressing mixes. Add broth and Worcestershire sauce. Cook, covered, on low until tender, 6-8 hours.
- Remove roast from slow cooker. Skim fat from cooking juices; keep warm. Shred beef with two forks; serve in tortillas with toppings as desired. Serve with juices for dipping. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as French Dip Tacos in Simple & Delicious February/March 2018