French Coconut Pie
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1. In a bowl, combine all ingredients except pie shell. Pour into the pie shell and bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 325° and bake 40 minutes or until top is golden and the center is almost set. When cool, store in the refrigerator.
1 piece: 475 calories, 25g fat (15g saturated fat), 119mg cholesterol, 285mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Apr 3, 2015
This pie is yummy and it goes together easily and quickly once the pie crust is ready. I like to serve it chilled.