Freezer Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 1/2 cup ground gingersnaps
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup cooked or canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened slightly
- 1. In a bowl, combine the pecans, gingersnaps, sugar and butter; mix well. Press into a 9-in. pie pan; bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Cool completely.
- 2. In a mixing bowl, beat first six filling ingredients. Stir in ice cream and mix until well blended. Spoon into crust. Freeze until firm, at least 2-3 hours. Store in freezer. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 371 calories, 20g fat (9g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 327mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Freezer Pumpkin Pie
"This was absolutely delicious! I liked it better than regular pumpkin pie, so it was that good! Instead of regular vanilla ice cream, I used fat free vanilla frozen yogurt and it turned out great!"