Freaky Hand Sandwiches
—Anna Mowan, Spencerville, Indiana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1 small cucumber, finely chopped
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 24 slices thin sandwich bread, crusts removed
- Sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon spreadable cream cheese
- Neon green food coloring, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Spread 1/4 cup chicken salad onto 12 bread slices; top with remaining bread.
- For fingers, cut each of six sandwiches into four 3/4-in. strips. With a small knife, trim one end of each strip, forming a point. For fingernails, attach an almond to each strip with a dab of cream cheese. With a clean paint brush, paint almond nails with green food coloring if desired.
- From each of the remaining sandwiches, cut out one strip for the thumb and one 2-in. oval for the palm. Trim strips; attach almonds and paint the thumbnails. Arrange one palm, four fingers and a thumb on each plate.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 195 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 119mg cholesterol, 258mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Chicken Salad Sandwiches in Taste of Home Halloween Party Favorites 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.