Franks N Cabbage
Getting my kids to eat cabbage is a challenge, so I dress it up with this recipe. The kids like the franks and the creamy, mild mustard sauce. It's an easy, fun meal for the whole family.—Precious Owens, Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium head cabbage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (1 pound) hot dogs, halved
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- Place cabbage in a saucepan; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, place 1 in. of water in a skillet. Bring to a boil; add the hot dogs. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 7 minutes.
- For mustard sauce, melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour and salt until smooth. Gradually add milk and mustard. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain cabbage and hot dogs; serve with mustard sauce.