- 1 tube (10 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 slices process American cheese
- 8 strips string cheese
- 1 jar (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- Unroll pizza dough and press onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 425* for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Using a 1-in. star cookie cutter, cut eight stars from the American cheese. Cut each strip of string cheese in half lengthwise. Spread pizza sauce over crust. Arrange stars in the upper left corner. For stripes, arrange 15 pieces of string cheese over sauce (save remaining piece for another use). Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 16 slices.
- 16 servings. Yield: 16 slices
Reviews forFourth of July Pizza
"My grandkids love to help make this. Instead of cheese stars, we used pepperoni stars. Also we cut thin strips of hot dogs to place between the string cheese...the kids feel like it's their masterpiece."