Fourth of July Jell-O
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) berry blue gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water, divided
- 1/2 cup cold water, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 can (15 ounces) pear halves, drained and cubed
- In a large bowl, dissolve the berry gelatin in 1 cup boiling water. Stir in 1/4 cup cold water. Pour into an ungreased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Refrigerate until firm. Repeat with strawberry gelatin and remaining boiling and cold water.
- When gelatin is set, cut into cubes. Just before serving, gently combine gelatin cubes and pears in a large glass bowl or individual dishes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 117 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 51mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
May 24, 2014
I make this each year for my daughter's Fourth of July birthday. Everyone in the family enjoys it. I use sugar-free red Jello and pears canned in fruit juice. I have not been able to find sugar-free blue Jello.
Jul 5, 2010
Cute Idea. I can see this being made withred and green Jello for Christmas ORgreen and orange jello for St Patrick's Day.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.