Fourth of July Jell-O
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) berry blue gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water, divided
- 1/2 cup cold water, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 can (15 ounces) pear halves, drained and cubed
- In a large bowl, dissolve the berry gelatin in 1 cup boiling water. Stir in 1/4 cup cold water. Pour into an ungreased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Refrigerate until firm. Repeat with strawberry gelatin and remaining boiling and cold water.
- When gelatin is set, cut into cubes. Just before serving, gently combine gelatin cubes and pears in a large glass bowl or individual dishes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 117 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 51mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
May 24, 2014
I make this each year for my daughter's Fourth of July birthday. Everyone in the family enjoys it. I use sugar-free red Jello and pears canned in fruit juice. I have not been able to find sugar-free blue Jello.
Jul 5, 2010
Cute Idea. I can see this being made withred and green Jello for Christmas ORgreen and orange jello for St Patrick's Day.