This spicy chili features traditional ingredients like ground beef, green peppers and tomatoes, but carrots and white beans, make it deliciously different. Serve it over rice for a hearty meal. - Frank Fenti, New York
Recommended: 5-Star Grilling Recipes You've Gotta Try
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 large green peppers, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 2-1/2 teaspoons pepper blend
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Hot cooked rice
- Sour cream
- Shredded Colby cheese
- In a stockpot, cook the beef, green peppers and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Add the tomatoes, beans, broth, carrot, celery, jalapenos and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours or until thick and bubbly.
- Serve with rice, sour cream and cheese. Yield: 18 servings (4-1/4 quarts).
Originally published as Four-Star Chili in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p128
Reviews forFour-Star Chili
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 28, 2010
"Whooh! This chili has great punch with all the pepper and pepper flakes. The guys in my family love it."
Reviewed Nov. 5, 2008
"uses white beans served on rice"