- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 large green peppers, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped*
- 2-1/2 teaspoons pepper blend*
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Hot cooked rice
- Sour cream
- Shredded Colby cheese
- In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, cook beef green peppers, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, beans, broth, carrot, celery, jalapenos and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours or until thick and bubbly. Serve over rice with sour cream and cheese. Yield: 18 servings (4-1/4 quarts).
Reviews forFour-Star Chili
"Whooh! This chili has great punch with all the pepper and pepper flakes. The guys in my family love it."
"uses white beans served on rice"