Four-Pepper Ribeye Roast Recipe
Our home economists suggest you consider the grill next time you serve prime rib for a special meal. For a more robust flavor, marinate the seasoned roast overnight.
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 beef ribeye roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups soaked wood chips, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Tie the roast at 1-1/2-in. to 2-in. intervals with kitchen string. Rub with seasonings; cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Remove roast from refrigerator 30 minutes before grilling; brush with oil. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Add wood chips to grill according to manufacturer’s directions if desired.
- 3. Place roast over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium-low heat for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
5 ounces cooked beef: 356 calories, 26g fat (10g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 226mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Four-Pepper Ribeye Roast
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC