- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 3 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place flour in a bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth; fold in whipped topping. Spread over crust.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes 2 minutes. Let stand 2 minutes or until soft-set. Gently spread over cream cheese layer. Top with whipped cream; sprinkle with almonds. Refrigerate until cold. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews forFour-Layer Chocolate Dessert
"I prepared this for a neighborhood group and had to make copies of the recipe for everyone - made it exactly as directed - easy to prepare and simply delicious - a huge hit"
"This is one of my husband's favorite desserts! It's easy and so yummy! I love the buttery crust!"
"This is one of our go to desserts. My favorite pudding combinations is to use one cheesecake pudding mix with 1 chocolate. Great combo."
"We call this striped delight. My family loves this. My sister in law makes it for almost every big family gathering."
"This is one of our favorite recipes. I especially like lemon flavored pudding mix, and my hubby likes butterscotch. It is easy, refreshing and is a crowd pleaser."
"I too love this recipe! Both my family and church ladies make this a lot. I especially like to make it with lemon flavored pudding mix, and my hubby loves the butterscotch."
"Love this recipe, it has been a family favorite for 50 years."