When Sherry Hulsman entertains, she counts on this streamlined party starter. "I invert the chilled mold onto a platter lined with baby spinach," notes the Louisville, Kentucky reader.
Recommended: 50 Party Recipes So Good You Won't Have Leftovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened, divided
- 1/4 cup fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chutney
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Additional fresh baby spinach
- Assorted crackers and fresh vegetables
- In a small bowl, combine 4 oz. cream cheese and chopped spinach. In another bowl, combine chutney and remaining cream cheese. In a large bowl, combine cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, pecans, onion and hot pepper sauce.
- Line a 3-cup bowl with plastic wrap. Spread half of the cheddar cheese mixture in prepared bowl. Layer with the spinach and chutney mixtures. Top with remaining cheddar cheese mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Unmold onto a serving plate; garnish with additional spinach. Serve with crackers and vegetables. Yield: about 3 cups.
Originally published as Four-Layer Cheese Spread in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p68
Reviews forFour-Layer Cheese Spread
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 2, 2009
"I have made this so many times and have been asked for the recipe. Love it!"