Marjoram, thyme, basil and chives season this moist loaf, submitted by Sue Murphy of Greenwood, Michigan. "A friend gave me this recipe," she says. "The aroma while it's baking will make you think of a stuffed turkey roasting in the oven."
Recommended: 33 Non-Scary Bread Recipes Anyone Can Bake
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/4 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter or stick margarine, softened
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh marjoram or 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
Originally published as Four-Herb Bread in Taste of Home February/March 2003, p55