Four-Fruit Pie Recipe
"My husband likes this fruity combination almost as much as traditional apple pie - and that's saying something!" notes field editor Joan Rose of Langley, British Columbia. "I keep rhubarb, blueberries and raspberries in the freezer and always have apples on hand for this colorful dessert."
- 1 cup sliced rhubarb (1-inch pieces)
- 1 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Additional sugar, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, gently toss rhubarb, apple, berries and lemon juice. Combine sugar and flour; stir into the fruit and let stand for 30 minutes.
- 2. Line a pie plate with bottom crust. Add filling; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry. Bake at 400° for 50-60 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Sprinkle with sugar if desired. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 381 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Four-Fruit Pie
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC