"My husband likes this fruity combination almost as much as traditional apple pie - and that's saying something!" notes field editor Joan Rose of Langley, British Columbia. "I keep rhubarb, blueberries and raspberries in the freezer and always have apples on hand for this colorful dessert."
Recommended: How to Make a Lattice Pie
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup sliced rhubarb (1-inch pieces)
- 1 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Additional sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, gently toss rhubarb, apple, berries and lemon juice. Combine sugar and flour; stir into the fruit and let stand for 30 minutes. Line a pie plate with bottom crust. Add filling; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; cut slits in top. Place over filling. Seal and flute edges. Bake at 400° for 50-60 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Sprinkle with sugar if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Four-Fruit Pie in Taste of Home June/July 1995, p67