"We created this thick peanut butter and banana shake while teaching our 5-year-old son about the four basic food groups," notes Heather Fortney of Gahanna, Ohio. "It's a quick and delicious breakfast or snack that he enjoys making for family and friends."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 medium ripe banana, cut into chunks
- 1 whole graham cracker, broken into large pieces
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- Cinnamon-sugar, optional
- In a blender, combine the first six ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses; sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar if desired. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 403 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Four-Food-Group Shakes in Quick Cooking January/February 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.