"We created this thick peanut butter and banana shake while teaching our 5-year-old son about the four basic food groups," notes Heather Fortney of Gahanna, Ohio. "It's a quick and delicious breakfast or snack that he enjoys making for family and friends."
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 medium ripe banana, cut into chunks
- 2 graham cracker squares
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- Cinnamon-sugar, optional
- Combine the first six ingredients in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Pour into glasses; sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Four-Food-Group Shakes in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p41