- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 3/4 cup butter (no substitutes), divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil and grease the foil with 1-1/2 teaspoons of butter; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, melt the remaining butter over low heat. Add the next six ingredients. Cook and stir constantly until smooth. (Mixture will first appear separated; continue stirring until fully blended). Remove from the heat; stir in the marshmallow creme and extracts until well blended. Stir in nuts.
- Spread into prepared pan. Refrigerate until set. Lift out of pan and remove foil; cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 4-1/2 pounds.
Reviews forFour-Chip Fudge
"Everyone loved it, more than enough to share"
"I have made this fudge as gifts for over 8 yrs and the friend who gave it to me passed on...I have spent three hrs searching for this in my books and then went on this thing and there it was..so thankful as its a real ez one to make and makes a huge pan... Delicious , fast and GREAT!"
"This is the easiest, tastiest and best fudge recipe ever! I have been making this for work for 8-10 years, since the recipe was published. Now my company is closing this Christmas and everyone is requesting this fudge "One more time"! It is a Christmas tradition and so good. I stretch mine by putting it in a 15" cookie sheet. Depending on how you cut, you can get over 100 pieces. Not too thick. Love it!"
"I make these every year as they have become a Christmas tradition in my house. They are absolutely delicious and I do not change a thing!"
"Hands down the BEST fudge ever!!! I am "famous" for this fudge. I take it to my kids school and they LOVE it!! Super easy to make too! Sometimes I add a bag of butter brickle chips for fun."
"This is the best fudge recipe I have found in along time. I work for a school system and take it to work and the principals and staff all love it."
"I've made this fudge for at least 5 years if not 6-7 years! :) We love it!!!"
"We've made it every year since 2005. Made some for my family one year - my little brother found the tin and made off with it. lol No one else got any. Making some JUST for him this year. :) THANK YOU to whoever shared the recipe originally!"
"Definitely the best and smoothest fudge around!!! Making it for years! Don't remember where I got the recipe, so if someone could help with a year/date they started I'd be appreciative!"
"My husband found this recipe at his mother's house while reading your magizine. We have made it every year for years now and give it away for Christmas presents. Our friends cannot wait for Christmas to recieve this fudge everyone loves it. We made 5 batches this year and more and more people are still asking for more. Seems as if we can't make enough."