- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1-1/2 cups julienned carrots
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1-1/2 cups small-curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- In a skillet, saute the vegetables and garlic in oil until crisp-tender. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, whisk flour and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; add 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Cook 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in spinach. Set 1 cup aside.
- In a bowl, combine cottage cheese, mozzarella and Swiss. Spread 1/2 cup of spinach mixture in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with four noodles, half of the cheese mixture and vegetables and 3/4 cup spinach mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles, reserved spinach mixture and remaining Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake at 375° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forFour-Cheese Spinach Lasagna
"Fabulous. I used ricotta instead of cottage cheese. I also added diced red onion."
"Great recipe, even my picky eaters liked it."
"I love to serve this dish with our own fresh from the garden spinach, broccoli, peppers, and oninos. With my family of eleven this is a big hit!!"
"This is an excellent recipe. All my guests enjoyed it tremendously!!! I will make it frequently, especially to serve to guests."