I adapted this recipe from one a friend gave to me. It has a distinctive blue cheese taste and is very filling. I like to serve it with chicken. —Darlene Marturano, W. Suffield, Connecticut
Recommended: Top 10 Mac & Cheese Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat to low; stir in cheeses until melted. Drain macaroni; add to cheese sauce and stir until coated. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Four-Cheese Macaroni in Country April/May 1998, p51
Reviews forFour-Cheese Macaroni
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 30, 2014
"This is most definitely NOT gross! The blue cheese gives it a sharper taste but not too sharp. LOVE this!"
Reviewed Dec. 23, 2011
"it was gross"