- 1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 7 cups sugar
- Crush berries in a large kettle. Stir in pectin; bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; skim off any foam. Pour hot into hot jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Adjust caps. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water bath. Yield: about 7 half-pints.
Reviews forFour-Berry Spread
"easy and very tasty!"
"Did I do something wrong? 7 cups of sugar seemed like too much so I only used 4 to start and that was plenty. Also, I only came up with 2 pts. HMMM; still good and will make again with sugar adjustment."
"great taste easy to make and makes a great gift"
"I've been making this for several years to give the kids for Christmas..This year I made a mistake and used twice the berries, but the same amount of sugar and pectin. I decided to go ahead and cook it and see what would happen and we liked it much better than the original. Not as sweet and not as thick, yet thick enough to gel. I will be making it this way from now on. The blend of berries is very good and it's easy to make."