Four Bean Turkey Chili Recipe
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook the turkey, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Four Bean Turkey Chili
"I've been making this chili recipe for years. It's good and basic, though probably not the best or most exciting out there. A little advice: Don't skip those chili beans or you'll lose flavor. Sub in a can of those tomatoes with the chili seasonings already added instead of some of the regular tomatoes. Use ground beef or sausage for all/some of the meat."
"Best chili i have ever had. Won a couple of cook off's also fantastic recipe."
"Great taste. easy to fix. Have been making it for years and always a hit."
"This was excellent. The stewed tomatoes really gives it a more savory and creamier flavor than plain tomatoes. Will definitely make this again."
"Great ,my husband took this to a football party the men didn't realize it wasn't made with beef. I make all year long"
"spicy, but my 18 month old loved it!"
"This chili is GREAT - it makes a lot and freezes well. You won't be disappointed."