This sweet, tangy side dish reminds me of the many zesty dishes I enjoyed while growing up in the South. Everyone loves the different blend of beans.—Bob & Georgia Crabb, Scio, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 can (16 ounces) pork and beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) French-style green beans, drained
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Combine all ingredients in an ungreased 2-qt. casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until heated through and bubbly.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 173 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 781mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 7g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Four-Bean Casserole in Taste of Home June/July 1995
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.