For Goodness Sakes Salad Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve the gelatins in boiling water. Cool slightly. Stir in the milk, pineapple with juice, mayonnaise, cottage cheese, nuts and horseradish sauce; mix well. Chill until partially set. Pour into an oiled 8-cup mold. Chill for 6 hours or overnight. Unmold. Yield: 12-16 servings.
2/3 cup: 252 calories, 17g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 171mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for For Goodness Sakes Salad
"I have made this one for our son, Mason for 20+ years. It is a must for Thanksgiving."
"I've made this gelatin salad many times -- sometimes as printed above and sometimes with all lime gelatin. Either way, my family can't get enough of it."