VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-in. x 9-in. pan size)
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 2-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vanilla or white chips
- Prepare the brownie batter according to package directions. Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. In a mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar, cocoa, milk and vanilla. Spread over cooled brownies. Loosely cover and chill for 1 hour or until frosting is set. With a sharp knife, make lengthwise cuts 1-1/2-in. parallel cuts from a short side to a long side to form diamonds. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips at 50% power; stir until smooth. Place in a small heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Pipe laces on brownies. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Football Brownies in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p21
Reviews forFootball Brownies
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 26, 2014
"These were a huge hit at our tailgate. Delicious frosting!"
Reviewed Aug. 12, 2009
"Looks awesome!! Going to try it !!!"