Fontina Asparagus Tart
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 cups shredded fontina cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, bring 1 in. of water to a boil; add asparagus. Cook, covered, until crisp-tender, 3-5 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry sheet into a 16x12-in. rectangle. Transfer to a parchment-lined large baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- 3. Sprinkle 1-1/2 cups cheese over pastry to within 1/2-in. of edges. Place asparagus over top; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Mix remaining ingredients; drizzle over top. Bake until cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes. Serve warm.
1 piece: 142 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 202mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Mar 4, 2019Puff pastry puffed up like a pillow! The pastry was gooey inside. Wouldn’t hold the asparagus. Had to toss it out. Waste of time and money.
Nov 13, 2018This recipe is easy
May 25, 2017
We used this as our main meal with no other sides. It was the best asparagus dish ever. We also had leftovers so we had two meals. It was just as wonderful the second time around. Did not change a thing . Great recipe!
Apr 24, 2016
Made this exactly as shown, except that I made a border on the pastry with a paring knife and docked the center. Makes for a nice border. What a delicious recipe! The lemon and oil over really brings the flavours together. Looking forward to eating the leftovers!
Feb 28, 2015
This was delicious. Loved the lemon flavour. Something different to serve, yet easy to make.
Dec 31, 1969
Best asparagus recipe out there if I do say so myself! Perfect for a crowd or even 1 or 2! Every last crumb is gobbled up no matter how many people. I wish my name was below the recipe since I am the winner/creator of it but oh well! I am glad so many people get to enjoy this recipe, it came from my heart.
Apr 20, 2012
I've made this a new times now - it's absolutely delicious! Since good Fontina cheese is somewhat pricey, the second time I made this, I used one-half Fontina cheese and one-half Havarti cheese (which I also love and it's a very creamy, rich cheese as well). My kids love this too!
Oct 1, 2010
going to make it again !! This is so simple. never makes enough no matter how many I make. leaves my family ad friends wanting more
May 23, 2010
I made this for a group of friends and it was delicious! Will make again and again!
Dec 31, 2009
make sure you roll out the pastry... it shrinks when you put it in the oven to brown. Very tasty... will make again.