Focaccia Pork Salad
Dinner's done in no time with this easy salad flavored with honey-mustard pork, blue cheese and a simple 3 ingredient dressing.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 ounces focaccia bread, cubed
- 3/4 pound honey-mustard center cut pork loin fillet, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons plus 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Place bread cubes on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown pork in 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink.
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, blue cheese, bread cubes and pork. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oregano and remaining oil. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Hormel honey-mustard center cut pork loin filet. The package weighs about 27 ounces.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 287 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 579mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as Hearty Bread Salad in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007