Focaccia Party Sandwich
The men in your family will go crazy for this hearty loaf. When the weather cooperates, I wrap the sandwich in foil and cook it on the grill.—Jeanette Jones, Muncie, Indiana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 loaf (1 pound) focaccia bread
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 8 slices deli pastrami
- 6 slices smoked deli ham
- 6 thin slices hard salami
- 1 small tomato, thinly sliced
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in thyme; set aside.
- Cut focaccia in half horizontally. Combine mayonnaise and basil; spread over bread bottom. Layer with onion mixture, pastrami, ham, salami, tomato and cheese; replace bread top. Place sandwich on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Cut into wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 394 calories, 21g fat (6g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 1011mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.