Flying W Pecan Cookies
I named these cookies after the ranch I own. They are crisp and sweet with a nice nutty crunch and a hint of almond.—Jim Wyche, Odessa, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makesabout 6-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in the egg and extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in pecans.
- Roll into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until set. Cool for 3 minutes before removing to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 146 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 154mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.