Flying Broomstick Cats
—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- Pattern on this page
- 5 ounces milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped, divided
- 6 pretzel dipping sticks
- Yellow sprinkles
- 3/4 cup potato sticks
- 1 tablespoon white baking chips
- Trace three images of the cat pattern onto waxed paper; place on a baking sheet. Place another sheet of waxed paper over the top and secure both to baking sheet with tape. Repeat all steps.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt 2 oz. of candy coating; stir until smooth. Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert #3 round pastry tip. Fill bag with melted chocolate. Pipe outlines of three cats and fill in centers.
- Place a pretzel stick at bottom of each cat for broomstick. With sprinkles, add eye and collar on each cat. Melt 2 oz. of additional candy coating; repeat for remaining cats.
- Melt remaining candy coating. Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert #3 round pastry tip. Fill bag with melted chocolate. Pipe a small amount of chocolate on one end of each pretzel stick; attach potato sticks to form broom bristles.
- Melt vanilla chips; stir until smooth. Place in a pastry bag with a #3 round tip. Pipe lines where broomsticks and bristles meet.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 164 calories, 9g fat (7g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 46mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Flying Cats in Simple & Delicious September/October 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.