I made the "wings" for these burgers by cutting a narrow V shape in the tops of the buns. Green onion "eyes" peered out from the patties.—Lenore Walters, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 10 min.
- 8 frozen bread dough dinner rolls, thawed
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 32 thin green onions slices
- Cut each roll in half; shape each into a ball. Place on an ungreased baking sheet; flatten slightly. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine beef and egg. Shape into 16 patties, 2 in. each. In a large skillet, cook patties on both sides over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain on paper towels.
- Split rolls; place a beef patty on each bottom half. For wings, cut a narrow V shape from each roll top; position on each patty (discard removed sections). Secure with toothpicks. For eyes, pipe two dots of ketchup near the edge of each patty opposite the V; top with onion slices.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 113 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.