Fluted Tiramisu Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 2 cups coffee ice cream, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 can (12 ounces) whipped vanilla frosting
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, ice cream and eggs at low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place water and coffee granules in a large bowl; stir until dissolved. Add frosting and cinnamon; beat until smooth. Frost cake. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 368 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 350mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Mar 30, 2014
Looks and sounds delicious, though for it to be "tiramisu," there should be chocolate as well as coffee. I'd use chocolate cake mix, omit the cinnamon and cinnamon-sugar, and dust the top of the finished cake with cocoa powder (just like a tiramisu).
Mar 27, 2014
This is w/o question the best cake I have ever made, and I have made many!!!!!! I used Haagen Dazs coffee ice cream and added 1/2 teaspoon of instant coffee to the cake batter and a teaspoon of Mexican vanilla. I did opt to make my own seven minute fluffy white icing and added the instant coffee to that. I took it to a Church Supper and people were practically licking their plates- everybody wanted the recipe. Many thanks to Carol for sharing this recipe, it has become my new all-time fav!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 21, 2014
Delicious! We didn't have coffee ice cream in our rural town so we used vanilla with coffee granules. We also sprinkles Heath Candy bits on top vs. the cinnamon.
Nov 2, 2013
Very good cake, I used Kahlua cream cheese frosting, to kick it up a notch.
Nov 1, 2012
Sorry I might add that when the cake cooled and had been removed from the pan I poked small holes in the top with a skewer and slowly drizzled the simple syrup and let it soak in....
Nov 1, 2012
Made a simple coffee syrup and frosted with whipped cream frosting with a touch of cream cheese. It was a winner.
May 21, 2012
I loved how easy it was to make this recipe. I only had it in the oven for 36 minutes and it turned out very moist. This wasn't a favorite because the frosting didn't do the job, I added mini chocolate chips but would recommend making a homemade frosting instead. Chocolate frosting would probably be Yummy!
Dec 24, 2011
My husband thought the icing was too sweet...but it has a nice texture and flavor. Out of the ordinary.
Oct 18, 2011
this is one of the quickest, easiest cakes to make and the results are fantastic. The cake is so moist and flavorful, not too sweet and is a great addition to the Fall dinner menu. I will probably make another one for Thanksgiving
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.