- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) white cake mix
- 2 cups coffee ice cream, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 can (12 ounces) whipped vanilla frosting
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon-sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, ice cream and eggs at low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place water and coffee granules in a large bowl; stir until dissolved. Add frosting and cinnamon; beat until smooth. Frost cake. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forFluted Tiramisu Cake
"This is w/o question the best cake I have ever made, and I have made many!!!!!! I used Haagen Dazs coffee ice cream and added 1/2 teaspoon of instant coffee to the cake batter and a teaspoon of Mexican vanilla. I did opt to make my own seven minute fluffy white icing and added the instant coffee to that. I took it to a Church Supper and people were practically licking their plates- everybody wanted the recipe. Many thanks to Carol for sharing this recipe, it has become my new all-time fav!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"Delicious! We didn't have coffee ice cream in our rural town so we used vanilla with coffee granules. We also sprinkles Heath Candy bits on top vs. the cinnamon."
"Very good cake, I used Kahlua cream cheese frosting, to kick it up a notch."
"Sorry I might add that when the cake cooled and had been removed from the pan I poked small holes in the top with a skewer and slowly drizzled the simple syrup and let it soak in...."
"Made a simple coffee syrup and frosted with whipped cream frosting with a touch of cream cheese. It was a winner."
"I loved how easy it was to make this recipe. I only had it in the oven for 36 minutes and it turned out very moist. This wasn't a favorite because the frosting didn't do the job, I added mini chocolate chips but would recommend making a homemade frosting instead. chocolate frosting would probably be Yummy!"
"My husband thought the icing was too sweet...but it has a nice texture and flavor. Out of the ordinary."