- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a bowl, combine Miracle Whip, water and vanilla. Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add to salad dressing mixture and beat until mixed. Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan (pan will not be full).
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forFluted Chocolate Cake
"An old favorite in my family, at least three generations of us have made and loved this cake."