At Christmastime, we get family members together for a breakfast meal. I serve this omelet with a fruit salad, hash brown casserole and hot biscuits. -Jean Tyner Darlington, South Carolina
Recommended: 25 Ways to Eat Eggs All Day
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Crumble the sausage into a small microwave-safe dish; add onion and red pepper. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes; drain. Stir in sour cream; set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks, milk, salt, baking powder and pepper. In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently into egg yolk mixture. Place the butter in a greased 9-in. microwave-safe pie plate. Microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Pour egg mixture into plate. Microwave, uncovered, at 50% power for 3-5 minutes or until partially set. Lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. Cook at 50% power 2-3 minutes longer or until eggs are set. Spoon sausage mixture over one side; fold omelet over filling. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Fluffy Sausage Omelet in Reminisce Extra June 2005, p52