Fluffy Rice Dessert
"Working in food-related jobs over the years, I've collected lots of delicious recipes like this one," reveals Janice Todd of La Crosse, Wisconsin. "This fluffy fruity dessert has old-fashioned appeal."
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (.3 ounces) sugar-free cherry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1-1/2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. Add juice to gelatin; stir in rice. Chill until mixture begins to thicken. Fold in whipped topping and pineapple. Chill for 1 hour.