"Working in food-related jobs over the years, I've collected lots of delicious recipes like this one," reveals Janice Todd of La Crosse, Wisconsin. "This fluffy fruity dessert has old-fashioned appeal."
Recommended: 50 Vintage Desserts Worth Trying Today
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (.3 ounces) sugar-free cherry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1-1/2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. Add juice to gelatin; stir in rice. Chill until mixture begins to thicken. Fold in whipped topping and pineapple. Chill for 1 hour. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Fluffy Rice Dessert in Taste of Home February/March 1998, p17