- 6 egg, separated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (15 ounces) chunky Italian tomato sauce
- 1 cup cubed fresh zucchini
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add salt; continue beating until stiff peaks form. In a small mixing bowl, beat the egg yolks, cream, Parmesan cheese and pepper until foamy. Gently fold into the egg whites. Melt butter in a 10-in. ovenproof skillet; add egg mixture. Cook over medium-low heat for 8 minutes or until bottom is golden brown. Place skillet in a 350° oven for 10 minutes or until top is golden brown. Meanwhile, combine the tomato sauce, zucchini and mushrooms in a small saucepan. Cook, uncovered, until zucchini is tender, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over omelet; fold in half and top with tomato sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forFluffy Harvest Omelet
"This was a flop! Besides the fact that the bottom of the omelet burned in 5 minutes, Italian tomato sauce just didn't taste good with eggs. My husband agrees."