Fluffy Fruit Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) fruit cocktail
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 cup juice in a small saucepan. Set pineapple aside. In a large saucepan, add sugar, flour, eggs, orange juice, lemon juice and oil. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute; remove from the heat and let cool.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the pineapple, fruit cocktail, oranges and bananas. Fold in whipped cream and cooled sauce. Chill for several hours.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 173 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 17mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 24, 2017
This fruit salad is a great accompaniment to a springtime brunch.
Dec 27, 2014
Printed this recipe and tried to make it, was a bit confused by the small sauce pan instructions, so had to look on line...this had better be good!
Nov 22, 2014
My daughter loves this fruit salada so much, she wants this salada instead her birthday cake !
Jun 29, 2013
Easy and wonderful!! :-)
Jun 13, 2013
Very easy and very good!! :-)
Nov 21, 2012
Clipped this one out of a magazine and it always turns out perfect. I do my own combination of "canned fruit cocktail" with fresh fruit instead. Hope to see more reviews on this one. It's YUMMMMY!
Oct 11, 2009
The instructions state to put reserved pineapple juice in small saucepan. The instructions never reference the small saucepan again. Instead, the instructions state to add ingredients to a large saucepan and does not reference the pineapple juice again. The instructions should be corrected to remove large saucepan and instead, it should state "To the saucepan, add....".
Oct 11, 2009
Easy to make and everyone simply loves it. Best ever fruit salad - - even the kids love it.