You can't go wrong with these cute tarts with their chocolaty whipped filling. They're so yummy that you'll want to split the third one between the two of you! “This recipe is as easy as it is delicious,” notes Tina Wooten of Brandon, Florida.
Recommended: 78 Christmas Potluck Desserts for 12 or More
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons instant hot cocoa mix
- 3/4 cup whipped topping
- 3 individual graham cracker tart shells
- 2 teaspoons chopped salted peanuts
- 2 teaspoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Stir in cocoa mix. Fold in whipped topping.
- Spoon into tart shells. Sprinkle with peanuts and chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Fluffy Cocoa Tarts in Cooking for 2 Winter 2008, p59