Fluffy Caramel Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups crushed gingersnaps (about 30 cookies)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 28 caramels
- 1 cup milk
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Caramel ice cream topping and additional pecans, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the cookie crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Cover and refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Add caramels, milk and salt. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved and caramels are melted. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until mixture mounds when stirred with a spoon.
- Stir pecans and vanilla into caramel mixture. Fold in whipped cream. Pour into crust. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight. Garnish with ice cream topping and pecans if desired. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 471 calories, 28g fat (14g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 362mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 20, 2014
Forget the gingersnap cookies, I hate gingersnap cookies! I used a graham cracker crust instead, and it was wonderful.
Jan 1, 2013
This pie is delicious. The school I work at has a pie contest each year along with a chili contest. I took first place in the pie category with this recipe.
Oct 12, 2010
We had a pie contest at work. I found this recipe on your web site and thought I'd take a chance. I won first place!