Fluffy Caramel Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups crushed gingersnaps (about 30 cookies)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 28 caramels
- 1 cup milk
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Caramel ice cream topping and additional pecans, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the cookie crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Cover and refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Add caramels, milk and salt. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved and caramels are melted. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until mixture mounds when stirred with a spoon.
- Stir pecans and vanilla into caramel mixture. Fold in whipped cream. Pour into crust. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight. Garnish with ice cream topping and pecans if desired. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 471 calories, 28g fat (14g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 362mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Feb 20, 2014
Forget the gingersnap cookies, I hate gingersnap cookies! I used a graham cracker crust instead, and it was wonderful.
Jan 1, 2013
This pie is delicious. The school I work at has a pie contest each year along with a chili contest. I took first place in the pie category with this recipe.
Oct 12, 2010
We had a pie contest at work. I found this recipe on your web site and thought I'd take a chance. I won first place!